Manual Digging Articles
This is the Index of links to our articles on manual digging, trenching, and soil moving. Also our popular Drainage Guide for home and yard problems.
If you are shopping for tools, go to the
Digging Tool Storage Methods
How to safely store your long-handled tools.
Special Wheelbarrows for Easier Hauling
Unusual versions of the popular wheelbarrow for moving odd loads.
Scoop Shovels on the Farm
Julie tells us all the things they shoveled and scooped up on her family farm.
Drainage and French Drain Guide
Everything you need to know to find and fix your yard's drainage problems.
- Step1: Analyze the problem
- Step 2: Design the drainage system
- Step 3: Position the system in your yard
- Step 4: Evaluate the results
- How to install a French Drain
- Find the slope of your trenches
- Drywell design and installation
- Foundation problems and downspouts
- Which pipe to use (and not use)
- Pipe connectors for best results