Guides and How-To Instructions:
This is the Index of links to our various Guides, our Blog, and our collection of How To pages and instructions. There is a brief description of each one below. We hope to add more useful information in the future.
Click any of the blue highlighted text links below to go to that page.
This page is the general list of all the garden hoe related How-To pages. Samples of topics you will find are:
- How to use a Grub Hoe
- How to sharpen a garden hoe
- Assembly Instructions for the wheel hoe
- PDF's of all our other assembly instructions
- Page 1 How to choose the best sweet corn variety
- Page 2 How and when to plant corn for best results
- Page 3 Corn's companion plants for nutrients & pest control
- Page 4 Watering, weeding, and hilling corn
- Page 5 Corn pollination & fertilizer tips
Be sure to see the Easy Weeding Guide to learn about the agricultural technique used to control weeds before the days of herbicides.
Techniques to naturally convert your hard clay soil into a nice loam over time.
When it comes time to dig a trench, check out our Guide to Trenching and Trenchers. It includes info about:
- manual trench digging methods and tips
- special hand tools for easier trenching
- types of powered trenchers
- trenchers usage and safety info
The most popular guide on our site is the Drainage Guide. It details a comprehensive range of home and garden water drainage issues. Some sample topics are:
- How to design a drainage system
- French Drain construction
- Drywells: when they can be used
- Pipe types, and which to use
- Slope of drainage trenches
- Downspout water issues
Finally, read our "Just Tooling Around" blog for an ever-growing collection of information on topics ranging from "Plowing with a Winch", to an article on "Unusual Wheelbarrows", to instructions for making a "DIY Deer Alarm".