1. Remove the wheel, axle, and wheel arms from the Single Wheel Hoe Cultivator.
2. Assemble the arms onto the wheel hoe frame according to the picture below:
3. If the handles are not attached yet, it is best to turn the tool bar upside down on a hard surface and apply a slight force
downward to assure axle hole alignment while tightening the nuts. If the handles are attached, align the axle holes visually.
4. Insert the long axle. Assemble two dust caps to each wheel. Position both wheels onto the axle.
5. Assemble a flat washer and lock nut to each end of the axle. Using the two 1/2" wrenches, hold the nut on the left while tightening the nut on the right.
6. Tighten until the nuts bottom out onto the shoulder at each end of the axle shaft. If the wheels do not turn freely, loosen the nuts slightly until the wheels rotate freely.
Garden Cultivator Instruction Pages